Kingdom Impact Honor

This individual's life and ministry should reflect a faithful example of the five core values of CIU. These are: Authority of Scripture, Victorious Christian Living, World Evangelization, Prayer and Faith, and Evangelical Unity.

This honor recognizes an alumnus (not necessary to be a graduate) who is a public figure and comes to CIU to speak at CIU's Chapel service or other public gathering, besides Homecoming. Their high-profile presence is due to being an evangelist, author, musician, ministry leader, etc. They must currently be serving in this role to be honored.

This is a discretionary honor, determined by the Director of Alumni Ministries, and is based on his/her knowledge of the upcoming chapel speakers. There is no regularity specified for this honor, in order to allow the Director to award this honor when he/she feels appropriate, without waiting until Homecoming for the honor to occur.

If this honoree's spouse also serves with him/her in the public capacity, both spouses would be honored together. If the spouse is not a CIU alumnus, he/she could be given honorary alumnus status. 

President Bill Jones & Paul Copan

The 2009 recipient of the CIU Kingdom Impact Honor is Dr. Paul Copan.

Paul is the Pledger Family Chair of Philosophy and Ethics at Palm Beach Atlantic University in West Palm Beach, Florida. Previously, Dr. Copan honed his skills as lecturer, writer and researcher at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He is the author of 7 apologetic books, including the most recent one, "When God Goes to Starbucks: A Guide to Everyday Apologetics." He edited or co-edited many published works including the Apologetics Study Bible published in 2007. He is the current president of the Evangelical Philosophical Society, and has spoken on many major university campuses. His favorite quote comes from Psalm 84:11, "No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." 

Arlene Richardson

The 2010 recipient of the Kingdom Impact Honor is Arlene Richardson.

Arlene ministers to the urban and poor around the world through quilts and crafts is the second recipient of the Kingdom Impact Honor. Her ministry "Heart Craft" is a subsidiary of missions agency Pioneers, which was founded by her parents. Arlene and her husband Steve Richardson were Pioneers' first missionaries to Indonesia, where they launched a church-planting team to a large Muslim group of 30 million people in 1986. Through "Heart Craft" unemployed people have been taught marketable skills, teaching them to sew exquisite quilts and other crafts.  

The 2012 recipient of the Kingdom Impact Honor is Adrian Despres.

“He may be one of the best preachers you’ll ever hear.” That is what University of South Carolina Coach Steve Spurrier says about Adrian Despres. In addition to chaplaincy ministry to the Gamecocks, Despres has spoken to over one million people in two decades as an evangelist with Kingdom Building Ministries.  He also serves on the CIU Board of Trustees.    

Adrian Despres’ favorite Bible verse is Acts 20:24.

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me. If only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me, the task of testifying to the Gospel of God's Grace." 

The 2013 recipient of the Kingdom Impact Honor is Dr. Peter Spencer.

Dr. Peter Spencer was the first student of African descent to enroll at Columbia Bible College. Following studies at Jamaica Theological Seminary and CIU, Dr. Spencer pastored churches in Kingston, Jamaica. He has participated in international Christian conferences around the world and has served on the boards of various evangelical, missions and community organizations, currently serving as Chairman of the Board at Jamaica Bible College and Community Institute.  He is a champion for Victorious  Christian Living, serving as Chairman of the Kingston Keswick Council.  Peter Spencer was awarded the honorary Doctor of Divinity degree by the Caribbean Graduate School of Theology. 

Dr. Spencer's life verse is Philippians 3:10: "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death."

Columbia International University Alumni
Copyright 2012 - All Rights Reserved