Peggy Lee Manoogian - Alumni Team Coordinator

American University of Beirut, Lebanon; Roosevelt University B.ME and M.ME (Instrumental Music Education), Chicago

Peggy Lee Manoogian has taught piano for many years in Lebanon, Italy, Puerto Rico and the United States.  Her students range in age from three years old to adult.  Peggy Lee is fluent in English, Arabic and Spanish, and has taught music in all three languages.  Her musical background includes both theatre and concerts.  She was musical director for Oliver, Firefox, and My Fair Lady at the Harbor Playhouse in Corpus Christi, TX, performed the Saint-Saens 2ndpiano concerto with Roosevelt University symphony orchestra in Chicago and performed as a piano soloist and accompanist in Naples, Italy. Here at CIU, Peggy Lee is also an adjunct professor in the music department and accompanied the Ambassador Choir Reunion in 2008.  She has also owned and operated a musical instrument repair shop and teaches conversational Arabic classes to students planning to go to the Middle East.

American University of Beirut, Lebanon; Roosevelt University B.ME and M.ME (Instrumental Music Education), Chicago, IL;  Apprenticed in London, England in musical instrument repair; Transcribed Bedouin folk music recordings; Music teacher and band director K-12 Beirut Lebanon (1980-1983); Pianist for Calvary Baptist Church in Beaufort, SC (1983-1985); Pianist for U.S. military Protestant chapel in Naples Italy (1986-1990); Middle school music teacher, Taft, TX (1994-1996); Pianist and worship leader for Palmas Community Church, Puerto Rico (1996-2004); Director of Music Academy in Palmas del Mar, Puerto Rico (1996-2004);  Certified in Kindermusik and Orff;  Taught “Music for Little Mozarts” (a program for children ages 3-6); Member of Music Educators National Convention and Music Teachers Association; Honorary Alumna of Columbia International University.

Columbia International University Alumni
Copyright 2012 - All Rights Reserved